On 30/12/2013 10:55 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> ... did they just do this on the back of an envelope?
 From what I see, that would have been an improvement. Development of
the current proposal seems to have started with the outcome and worked
back from there.

As a rural, though not particularly remote, Australian I'm worried. The
copper won't last forever. When it finally gives up the ghost, will it
be replaced:
- with fibre?
- with copper?
- at all?
I fear that I'll be left relying on wireless for all of my
communications. That might seem ridiculous, but our current government
is barking mad on the issue (IMHO).

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.
http://david.boxall.id.au            | So I cheered up and,