Keep in mind that decoding encrypted DVD's is very CPU entensive.  So
unless you have a decoder card (hardware decoding) rather than just using
decss (software decoding) the CPU needs to do all the work in real time.
Slower CPU's just can't keep up, so you either have to drop alot of frames
to keep pace, which results in very jittery performance, or you end up
with the load on the box climbing well over 1.00, and the performance is
still horrid.