Also, memory bandwidth will definitely have an effect.  I can't imagine
running this on a box with UMA (onboard video using system RAM) would
work well.  The one I've got will barely run X.  You'll need a real AGP
card with a decent amount of memory, though there's no need for one of
those fancy high-end cards.  My 32MB GeForce 256 works fine, though it's
three generations from being cutting-edge.  Four if you count the paper
launch of the GeForce FX.