On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Anita Lewis wrote:
> Hot diggity, dog!!  Well, I tried and tried and failed until I finally got
> it right!  I used your stepbystep, Lonnie and after I got the latest of
> everything like you said to do, I compiled.  I got right up to xine-ui and
> got errors about aalib.  I checked and I had it.  I tried the other
> front-end and got some major error there.  I gave up.  I tried lots of stuff
> to get mplayer to work.

You don't really need aalib at all, unless you want to watch an ASCII
representation of the movie.  I think there's a configuration option to
disable aalib support.  Not that it matters much now, but a point of
reference.

> Btw, can you tell me how to make the player disappear when the movie is
> going?  I poked around on the thing and couldn't find it.

I think all you need to do is right click in the movie window, and it
should disapear.  Right click again, and it comes back.  I'm not at home
right now, so i can't verify this.