Collins Richey wrote:

Agrred. Since Mozilla have indicated that Firebird is the
once-and-future-browser, it would seem that improvements are to be expected. I've been using Firebird since it's early days, and it's quite good. Nevertheless, 0.7 has more of a propensity to "just go poof" (TM) than earlier
versions; segfault I presume. Perhaps I should resume the practice of getting
the CVS versions.

I've had zero stability problems with Firebird (browser). This on both Win and Linux. And I've always used the release beta versions and the binaries from the T-Bird site. Thunderbird (email) has occasionally hung on me, but a kill & restart always fixed it.

Michael