Fair enough.
I have little time to give a complete course on parse so I went for
the shortest version.  I expected to see a few other responses to this
thread as well and sure enough the old-time REBOL-masters of the
outside world give a more full answer than us insiders have time for.

Take it easy guys,
Sterling