From: Greg McCarroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 10/18/01 1:38:35 PM

> What are the classic (non-perl) computers books? There
> are several that come to mind, The Art of Computer
> Programming (1->3), the Dragon book (thanks leon!, K&R,
> Computer Graphics (Foley et al). But what are the books
> that you guys really love?

Add to that list:

The UNIX Programming Environment - Kernigan & Pike
The Practice of Programming - Kernigan & Pike
Programming Perls - Jon Bentley
Design Patterns - Erich Gamma, etc
An Introduction to Database Systems - Chris Date

And a couple that will probably be seen as classics in the future:

Extreme Programming Explained - Kent Beck
Refactoring - Martin Fowler

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

"Let me see you make decisions, without your television"
   - Depeche Mode (Stripped)