> But I'm sure with the assembled masses there are some recommendations
> for books that the rest of us may not of taking the time to exam.

Jeez, I get back from an afternoon away and ...

Anyway, pretty much everything I liked has been mentioned already but here's
some more.

Maximum Security - Greg Shipleu
Reasoned Programming - Krysa Broda, Susan Eisenbach et al
Practical File System Design with the Be File System - Dominic Giampaolo
Operating System Design - Andrew Tannenbaum
Computers under Attack - edited by Peter J. Denning
Bebop to the Boolean Boogie - Clive "Max" Maxfield

Maximum Security is just really good on, errm, security.

Reasoned Programming is by some lecturers of mine and is a really good
introduction to formal programming techiniques and logic and coding
discipline.

OpSys Design is just brilliant and has the whole Minix source code at the back
:)

Computers under Attack is a colelction of essay from people like Robert Tappan
Morris Snr. and the original 'Stalking the Wiley Hacker' and a brilliant thing
on quines and compiler boot strapping from Ken Thompson.

Bebop is a fantastic book on digital electronics and is a very easy read. Plus
it has a recipe for Cajun Gumbo in it :)

--
: off the wagon and hitching a ride