On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:33:12PM +0000, Redvers Davies wrote:
> I spy a parallell between this and refusing mails from mailservers
> from some people on the list because he doesn't agree with their
> network configuration =)  I believe the phrase was "If they want to
> mail it to me they'll fix it".  On the contrary, it has made sure
> I leave it exactly the same way as it is now =)

This suits me fine, I can mail you, and you can't mail me back. :-)

The fact is, I have my mail set up like that because I see a good 7 or 8
spam attempts per day. It's definitely on the increase since I started
publishing my address and stopped trying to spam trap it. I've also seen
several attempts at mailing the bait addresses, which means that I *know*
that these things have been harvested relatively recently.

If you don't like it, not really my problem. If you want to be so bloody
minded, then that's fine, that reflects on you. I'm being bloody-minded as
well, but with the attempts at spamming me that I see, running SAUCE has
been really quite helpful. Most people can be bothered to make sure that
their zones are RFC compliant. Most people who can't are spammers. (Note
that I said most).

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/