On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> If the above assumptions are true, I propose we strip Penderel of its
> scsi drive (9gb) and flog Penderel on ebay to some lucky punter. We
> can then buy a scsi housing (if we have enough cash left over we could
> also buy an ups, if not lets buy drinks for the people who have helped
> admin it) and put said 9gb drive into it. Then we will take Dave's
> SS10 and install sparc linux [1] on it and attach the 9gb drive, so
> the internal SS10 drive (4Gb) will do / and the (9Gb) will do
> /home. We are currently at about 5Gb disk usage in home, but i'd be
> amazed if we really need more than 9Gb of space on the machine -
> unless someone is intending to use it as a backup server.

I've got a spare 18GB SCA drive which the SS10 might like as its internal
disk (another one is destined for my SS20, and another is already happily
rehomed in random other sun kit of a friends) if now might be a good time
to mention it.  If you're interested, I can bring it along tomorrow night.

the hatter