NB - CCed to author in case he's not on the list

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 04:24:08AM -0800, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> (Please note the effort to translate the dates above from American into
> English :-)

ISO standard dates are your friend. </hobbyhorse>

> So, I am interested in (a) interesting places to hang out Monday or Tuesday
> evening (I expect to be admiring art or gadgetry during the day Tuesday-- the
> London Museum of Science has a 007 exhibit on). Also, pointers to fairly
> inexpensive places to stay. I only need two nights, and tube access is a plus,
> since that will be my transportation.

Pick up a copy of Time Out when you get in to London, I *think* that it has
galleries and museums listed as well as theatre and cinema.  Assuming that
you want cheap places to go as well as cheap places to stay, then the Royal
Festival Hall on the south bank has free events most lunch times.

http://www.rfh.org.uk

Emergency meeting on the 12th, people?  Which pubs are on the hit list but
haven't been checked out yet?

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    [OS X] appeals to me as a monk, a user, a compiler-of-apps, a
    sometime coder, and an easily amused primate with a penchant
    for those that are pretty, colorful, and make nice noises.
        -- Dan Birchall, in The Monastery