* David Cantrell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Assuming that
> you want cheap places to go as well as cheap places to stay, then the Royal
> Festival Hall on the south bank has free events most lunch times.

As for cheap accomodation, there are lots of places that flog off
unbooked hotel rooms, you can find them at most major stations if you
want to live life on the edge. Lots of them have websites, such as ...

        http://www.bargainlondonhotels.com [1]

I used these sorts of services when I first came down to london for
about 3 weeks, and never failed to get somewhere decent for a
reasonable amount of money (40~50 quid a night). However, at first i
wondered what some of the hotels that were even cheaper were like ...
lets just say most of them also offer rooms by the hour.

> Emergency meeting on the 12th, people?  Which pubs are on the hit list but
> haven't been checked out yet?

Sounds good to me.

Greg

[1] if you use a website, you might like to crossreference the hotel's
    postcode with www.streetmap.co.uk to make sure its central. also
    feel free to check with us on or off list about the suitability of
    different areas.

--
Greg McCarroll                         http://www.mccarroll.org.uk/~gem/
                                   jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]