At 29/10/2002 12:49 [], David Cantrell wrote:
Emergency meeting on the 12th, people?  Which pubs are on the hit list but
haven't been checked out yet?
Hmm. Sounds like a plan! I've just remembered a couple of pubs I noticed before and after picking up my book from Kake (of which a review will follow shortly, sorry Alex ;), and since Bloomsbury seems to be the area of choice, I thought I'd suggest them, especially as they aren't on the website.

o The Duke Of York on Roger Street, WC1 (spitting distance of Gray's Inn Road), which looked rather nice...

o The Lamb on Lamb's Conduit Street, WC1 - it's a Young's pub. Very nice too. Their phone number is 020 7405-0713, and they have a lovely sunken drinking area which we might take over... nearest tube is probably Russell Square.

Eep, I just tried http://www.london.pm as the URL for the website... I wonder if we can persuade ICANN to open a .pm namespace...

/joel, who really needs a new .sig

--
S. Joel Bernstein :: joel at fysh dot org :: t: 020 8458 2323
"Nobody is going to claim that Perl 6's OO is "bolted on". Well, except