Hi Les,

> Folks may well complain that management tools are not as good as they need to
> be, but trying to compensate for this by adding management information into
> the protocol itself isn’t a good solution.

It is not a good solution. But it is the only practical solution available. At
scale, we need automation. We have tried and failed (again) to get broad
adoption of a management infrastructure. We continue to reject alternative
approaches. The thought of someone keeping all of this in their heads is simply
naive.

We have already painted ourselves into this corner. There is no good way out.

Tony