From: Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 12:40 PM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>
Cc: bruno.decra...@orange.com; Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>;
Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>; Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>; Henk Smit
<henk.i...@xs4all.nl>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for
draft-pkaneria-lsr-multi-tlv-01.txt

Just to add and expand to your point Les ...

The concept of "forward referencing" used in some OSes explicitly permit
configuration of elements not even present on the box or in the system ahead of
time. For example you can configure an interface which will be inserted later.

Same for any network wide feature.

However this means that activation of such network wide features can take place
under dynamic conditions too. If "all nodes required" support feature X I can
advertise it. (Let's assume that other nodes which do not require it will not
crash).

That means that having such dynamic capability may be actually pretty helpful.

Thx,
R.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 9:33 PM Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)