Well, from my expirience I can say that actually you can use
/boot, swap and /. Three partitions is enough. The more partitions
you create, the less flexible your system is. Usually it meens
that you can run out of free space on /opt or /usr ot /tmp
or /home or /var filesystems while you have plenty of free space
on another filesystems. On the other hand, if you have everything
on the / filesystem then that problem is gone.

In case of severe crash most likely you have to recover everything.

/boot should be of small size like 32Mb. Swap can be big enough,
something like twice an amount of RAM. The rest is for /.