Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your advice.

One further question

At 10:22 AM 7/25/2002 +1000, Bryan Buchanan wrote:
>It's exactly the same. If you've partitioned with, say /home, /opt, /u,
>/data or whatever (as a substitute for D:) on a separate partition, the
>install process will ask if you want to reformat partitions. Just say
>'no' to reformatting those where your data is.

I suppose  "/home, /opt, /u, /data, etc"  in separate partitions, not one
big partition.  If I am wrong please correct me.  If in such an arrangement
some guys on the list may have different opinion in respect of hard disc
seek time.

I have followed a long thread of argument on partition scheme on another
list but no final conclusion accepted by most participants was drawn.  My
application is for Terminal Server.

Thanks

Stephen