Il giorno Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Evgeny Limarenko cosė ha scritto:

|From: Evgeny Limarenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|To: Alessandro Selli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:13:29 +0200
|Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Partition arrange for hard drive
|
|Well, from my expirience I can say that actually you can use
|/boot, swap and /. Three partitions is enough. The more partitions
|you create, the less flexible your system is.

  That depends.  If you want to secure your system by having a read-only /etc
and /sbin, but you must have a rw /tmp and /var, then you've got to have
separate partitions.  In this case, more partitions = more flexibility.

| Usually it meens
|that you can run out of free space on /opt or /usr ot /tmp
|or /home or /var filesystems while you have plenty of free space
|on another filesystems. On the other hand, if you have everything
|on the / filesystem then that problem is gone.

  This is true indeed.

|In case of severe crash most likely you have to recover everything.

  You should be able to save the users' home directoryes anyway, even if
you're going to format everything else.

|/boot should be of small size like 32Mb. Swap can be big enough,
|something like twice an amount of RAM. The rest is for /.

  This is the easiest implementation, but not the safest when you're setting
up a server that is going to be accessed by many users, and that offers them
several services.

  All this IMHO, of course.

  Sandro

--