The other important directory to have its own partition is /var.  If a
machine crashes, there will be open files in /var.  Best to have it on a
separate partition that is easily fsck-able and easily replaceable.  If
I've got the space, I'll go for a gig of /var.

It also reduces some of the denial of service possiblities.

Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.rossberry.com