From: Roman Turovsky <r.turov...@verizon.net>
To: Lutelist <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sat, Dec 19, 2009 11:51 am
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Liuto forte

It is a single-strung lute and guitar hybrid designed by Andre Burguete, that aproximates lute sound while purporting to have the volume of the guitar. It uses nylon overspun with fine steel wire, and has some interesting and useful peculiarities in the bridge and soundboard construction.
Fixed metal frets are supposedly less dampening to the sound (negligibly).
This technology might yield a nice and loud theorbo in ET.
But one really misses the overtone palette of double strings.
It is a very suitable instrument for a guitarist who is sick of the guitar repertoire, but is unwilling to part with his nails.

http://www.liuto-forte.com/
There are a number of notable converts to it: Oliver Holzenburg, Luciano Contini et al.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Winheld" <dwinh...@comcast.net>