> On Mar 19, 2018, at 9:38 PM, Andreas Schlegel <lute.cor...@sunrise.ch> wrote:
>

> And about Bach and continuo:
> I’m playing continuo on this instrument:
> http://www.vanedwards.co.uk/38.htm
> The instrument is tuned in e, the fingered 7th course is in C, 8th in D, 9th
> in Eb. No need to transpose anything. No tuning change needed.

The website says "This was specifically designed to be used for the ‘lute' part
in Bach’s St. John Passion which, as Lynda Sayce has discovered, fits mandora
tuning perfectly.”

If only someone had told John Lenti about this, we could have avoided a lot of
unnecessary cruelty to mandrills and budgies.