   From: Markus Lutz <mar...@gmlutz.de>
   To: "'lute@cs.dartmouth.edu'" <Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Monday, 19 March 2018, 21:11
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Betrachte meine Seel
   It is very important to tell between the different instruments.
   There are 3 to differ:
   1. The colascione, which are long necked instruments with 3 often
   single
   strings, only used for bass
   2. The galizona (gallichon), that was used as bass instrument
   especially
   by Telemann and played especially the bass lines, but only few chords
   (also called theorbo in some sources)
   3. The mandora, which was used especially in South of Germany and
   Austria for solo and ensemble music, from 1720 on
   I'm sure Andreas Schlegel can explain everything in detail.
   The terminology is quite confusing, as the terms have been used
   differently in different parts of Europe.
   The mandore (3.) probably wasn't used as continuo instrument.
   Best regards
   Markus
   Am 19.03.2018 um 21:52 schrieb Ron Andrico:
   >    Umm, I would rather not have my words rearranged.  I meant what I
   wrote
   >    previously.
   >
   >    A quick look at the articles on archlute and on continuo in the
   Grove

   [[1]mailto:[7]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im
   <[9]stephan.olbe...@web.de>
   [[2]mailto:[11]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu]
   >    Im
   >    > Auftrag von Ron Andrico
   >    > Gesendet: Montag, 19. März 2018 19:15
   >    > An: Eloy Cruz; [12]Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   >    > Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Betrachte meine Seel
   >    >
   >    >  Playing the bass along with Bach's figuration is a minor
   challenge
   >    but
   >    >  it's entirely possible with a fingered F-sharp and E-natural.
   As I

   --
   Markus Lutz
   SchulstraÃe 11