   From: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
   To: lute list <Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 5:44
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Betrachte meine Seel
   <[1]lute.cor...@sunrise.ch> wrote:

   > And about Bach and continuo:
   > I'm playing continuo on this instrument:
   > [2]http://www.vanedwards.co.uk/38.htm
   > The instrument is tuned in e, the fingered 7th course is in C, 8th in
   D, 9th in Eb. No need to transpose anything. No tuning change needed.
   The website says "This was specifically designed to be used for the
   âlute' part in Bach's St. John Passion which, as Lynda Sayce has
   discovered, fits mandora tuning perfectly."
   If only someone had told John Lenti about this, we could have avoided a
   lot of unnecessary cruelty to mandrills and budgies.