Kevin Atkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Yes most certanly but I want it to be generic enough that ANY project
| can use it.  I want to use C as it the most portable and will allow pure C
| projects to use it.  Using C++ would defeat the purpose of my goals.

I think you are wrong... just wait until you begin using the new C
thingies from the new C standard... and see how portable you will be
:-)

Also C++ compilers are progressing fast, and most new compiler support
most of the C++ standard.

What you of course can do is to provide a low-level C api, and have a
nice C++ wrappers on top of that. (as for speed, it should be of no or
little concern... inlining, human-speed, etc.)

        Lgb