On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2000, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> [...]
> > | modern C++ which means it is not the most portable thing in the
> > | world.
> >
> > Perfect for LyX then.
>
> But you want to maintain compatibility with gcc 2.7.2?  My library uses
> exceptions, rtti, template specilation amoung other things.

I'm working on adding libsigc++ which means we can kiss 2.7.2 goodbye.
Libsigc++ would probably be as restrictive as aspell given its heavy use
of templates.

> > C is not good for C++ programs. (usable yes, but not good)
>
> Do the other developers fell that way?

I've already said you might be better off wrapping ispell with your aspell
C++ interface and then once that works worry about a C wrapper.

Then C++ apps get a good C++ interface to use and C programmers get a
C-wrapper for the C++ interface.  Don't ask me how it works it's just
something I'd investigate if I were you.

Allan. (ARRae)