Scott Kostyshak <skostysh <at> lyx.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 06:15:13PM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:

> > I tried your example, all available pdf formats are displaying the
change here.
> > (E.g.
> >     PDF (ps2pdf), PDF (pdflatex), PDF (dvipdfm), PDF (XeTeX), PDF (LuaTeX)
> > )
> >
> > Exporting to dvi with 'DVI (LuaTex)' is wrong, but export to 'DVI' is OK.
> >
> > This is with TL2015 and lyx 2.2dev

Kornel: Thanks for testing this. I'm using TL2013 and LyX 2.1.4. I wonder if
either of the version differences could be the culprit?

> I did not test (I assume I get the same result as Kornel since I have a
> similar system), but I suppose the next step is to send the .tex files.
> e.g. instead of exporting to PDF (pdflatex) export to LaTeX (pdflatex).

Scott: I exported both pdflatex and "plain" versions, and just for grins I
compiled the plain version in a shell. The DVI file contains no markup.
Comparing the two .tex files, all differences are in the header; the bodies
are identical. I've zipped up both .tex files and the .aux, .dvi and .log
files from the "plain" version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgv720xpzyt8hh2/change%20tracking%202.zip?dl=0.

Regarding XeTeX, it's installed, and I have the option to export to "LaTeX
(XeTeX)", but there's no option in Document > View (Other Formats) that
mentions XeTeX.

Thanks for the attention.

Paul