Scott Kostyshak <skostysh <at> lyx.org> writes:

> I think you do actually have dvipost. Your log file suggests that it is
> here:
> /home/paul/texmf/tex/latex/dvipost/dvipost.sty

Yes, I installed it.

> I wonder if this could be the critical difference between your setup and
> Kornel's/mine. If you are curious enough to take the risk of tweaking
> your system, you could try uninstalling dvipost and reconfiguring LyX
> and trying again. If it works for you after, then this might be a LyX
> bug.

After uninstalling dvipost and reconfiguring LyX, nothing changed -- no
change annotations in the output other than pdflatex.

> > Regarding XeTeX, it's installed, and I have the option to export to "LaTeX
> > (XeTeX)", but there's no option in Document > View (Other Formats) that
> > mentions XeTeX.
>
> I find this strange. I did not do anything special to set it up. I would
> be *slightly* worried that something is off for your LaTeX installation
> (note though that I know little about LaTeX installations). XeTeX is
> somewhat mature so it should be in TL 2013. On the command line can you
> run
>
>   xelatex --version

This turns out to be a TeXLive "feature": the xetex binary was installed by
the texlive-binaries package, but xelatex was not installed (different,
optional, package). After installing it (and yet another reconfiguration), I
can view the PDF output using XeTeX, and it joins pdflatex on the short list
of compilations that do show the change tracking stuff.

Paul