Scott Kostyshak <skostysh <at> lyx.org> writes:

> OK then we need to do another round of you exporting to .tex. The reason
> is that I do not have dvipost installed (and it is not in the repos for
> Ubuntu 15.04) so I cannot compile the .tex files that you sent nor can I
> compare your .tex files with the output I get. This is because LyX
> generates different .tex code based on which packages you have
> installed. If you reexport the .lyx file to .tex then I can do the above
> comparisons because now that you have uninstalled dvipost LyX will
> generate .tex output for you that is comparable with mine.

Think so, eh? I confirmed that dvipost is gone -- Synaptic shows the package
uninstalled and 'kpsewhich dvipost' returns nothing. I reconfigured and
restarted LyX again just to make sure. Then I opened the document and
exported to LaTeX (plain) ... and got exactly the same .tex file I
previously provided. (I ran them through meld and it confirmed they're
identical.) Apparently LyX 2.1.4 is going to use dvipost whether I have it
or not. (Either that's a bug or dvipost is the only way to show changes in
plain LaTeX. I'm guessing the former.)

> Sorry to put you through several iterations of this but after one more
> round we should know whether the problem is that LyX is producing bad
> .tex for you or the .tex code is good but something goes wrong with the
> compilation.

No problem; I'm the one that started this in the first place. :-(

Paul