Le 02/05/2017 à 16:42, Kornel Benko a écrit :
Am Dienstag, 2. Mai 2017 um 16:35:03, schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org>
Le 02/05/2017 à 16:31, Kornel Benko a écrit :
Is this one better?

But I see the number to the right when editing. The pdflatex output is to the
left, as it is the math-preview.

I thought tht the question was whether the number is on the left when
typesetting. It seemed to me that Uwe mentioned that he did not observe
that in Arabic documents.

Maybe. Citing Uwe:

Here is the citation I am referring to:

> At first I sent the patch using left/right but JMarc said that this
> would be incorrect for RTL languages. I cannot get such a case here but
> as JMarc wrote today that he gets this. Thus we need to investigate that
> further how and when leqno leads to numbering at the right side.

So here is what I propose:

1/ understand, for the various languages and packages implementing these languages what are the cases where the default is to put the number on the left. I have identified one, there are probably others.

2/ see whether LyX can have this knowledge (e.g. using a new tag in the language file).

3/ when the situation is clear, I can implement on-screen visualization.

To be frank, I am not really interested in trying all our RtL languages variants and see what they do. I did not open this particular can of worms. But I will do the part I know how to do.

Uwe?