There was a total update to the look of the iTunes, app, and iBooks for iOS 6.
I preferred the old layout myself. However, that doesn't mean they made it
inaccessible. Just personal preference. They used to do things in a vertical
view.. There are more links to interact with on the page now. Since their is
more information on a page now. It loads slower. I think it lags a little now.
But by no means inaccessible.
j. p.