On 9/17/20 9:54 AM, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
If someone was going to undertake a rewrite of Postorius, using a different
web development framework (e.g. Flask, but pretty much anything that isn't
Django) would at least remove one major moving part from the install
process.

We went with Laravel (PHP) when we replaced Postorius with our Affinity. It's not python but we didn't want to use a python framework.

FYI, here is a decent comparison of Django vs Flask:

https://hackr.io/blog/flask-vs-django

In the article, this was said:

"Django is suited for bigger projects that need a lot of functionality. For simpler projects, the features might be an overdose"

Do you think Mailman 3 would be considered a "bigger project" that needs a lot of functionality?

--
Brian Carpenter
Harmonylists.com