Dnia 26.12.2021 o godz. 21:39:36 John Levine via mailop pisze:

> Last time I checked Gmail sends you an SMS with a code you need to provide to
> register a new account.

It seems to depend on the IP address you are using. I have quite recently
registered a few new Gmail accounts from my home Internet connection without
being asked for any phone number.

As long as I login to these accounts from "fixed" Internet connection,
everything's OK. But when I try to login from a cellular connection, I'm
asked for a phone number verification.

So maybe it's similar with registering a new account - you are asked for a
phone number only when you aren't using a "fixed" connection.

On the other hand, some other services (not e-mail related, like Twitter or
Instagram) always ask for a phone number (not depending on where you are
connecting from) and won't let you register until you confirm the code sent
to that number.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa