Dnia 15.04.2022 o godz. 13:29:45 Luis E. Muñoz via mailop pisze:

> There are many who claim that there's a correlation between easily,
> cheap (or free) domain names and spam. Their rationale is that
> spammers can secure disposable domain names for very low price.

Domains at eu.org are free, but it is not easy to register a domain there.
In other words, you don't pay with money, but you pay with your effort and
time, so I don't think it's an attractive option for spammers. This is
really an "old school" service which isn't designed to be super-easy to use
:). And I appreciate that :).

First, when you register a domain name at eu.org, you must already have two
working DNS servers for that domain set up. This is checked during the
registration process. They don't provide DNS servers for you, you have to
set them up yourself.

Second, all registration applications are accepted manually by eu.org
administrators, so you have to wait for your domain to be registered. This
can be from few days to even few weeks. I don't remember how long I waited
for my rafa.eu.org domain (I registered it 15+ years ago), but 2 years ago I
registered another domain at eu.org and I waited about 10 days for that
domain to become active. So yes, there are quite significant "costs"
involved in getting a domain at eu.org (only these are non-financial costs)
and so I don't think it's an attractive option for spammers.

With discounts that some paid domain registrars give for first year, it's
much easier to register a .com or national domain as a throwaway one, as you
can do this almost instantly with only a few clicks and a small payment,
than go through the hassles of registering at eu.org. The latter makes sense
only if you are interested in using the domain for long time.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa