• Bernardo Reino via mailop [2022-10-19 20:24]:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2022, Kirill Miazine via mailop wrote:
>
> > • Bernardo Reino via mailop [2022-10-19 14:51]:

> > > It happens while connecting, so it's blocking on the IP address.
> > >
> > > Even though I'm a tiny "provider" (4 users :), I've sent an e-mail to
> > > postmas...@rx.t-online.de (note the "rx", which you need if you are being
> > > blocked from contacting the usual postmas...@t-online.de address), to let
> > > them know that their users will be missing a lot of e-mails (Germany is
> > > quite "diverse" ISP-wise).
> > >
> > > Maybe they'll reconsider (not because of my e-mail, but because of the
> > > flood
> > > of complaints that should be — surely? — arriving :).
> >
> > I've sent t...@rx.t-online.de an email and asked to clarify why my fullu
> > compliant mail server on TransIP network is being blocked and what kind
> > of problem has occured.
> >
> > > We'll see..
> >
> > We'll see... I'd say this is a net neutrality issue. Have Germany
> > adopted some rules on net neutrality?
>
> TBH I don't think this has anything to do with net neutrality, but the term
> is (ab)used for many purposes and sometimes even with opposite meanings.

I'm not sure, as Deutsche Telekom -- as an ISP -- has apparently adopted
the policy that only commercial email servers are able to connect to
deliver email to Deutsche Telekom's email service. When t-online.de
sender is not able to receive a reply due to this policy, isn't it
exactly a net neutrality issue?

In the German Net Neutrality report 2020/2021, published by
Bundesnetzagentur, section 24, they say:

    In several cases end-users could not receive incoming emails. They
    believed that internet access providers were blocking emails of certain
    email providers. The blocking, however, was carried out by involved
    email service providers. For this reason the net neutrality Regulation
    did not apply.

In the t-online case the blocking is carried out by the ISP.

If I were German, I'd file a complaint and see what Bundesnetzagentur
says. Actually I'll see what t-online answers, and if they ask me about
Impressum, I'll forward it to Bundesnetzagentur and ask them to kindly
impose measures on t-online.

    -- Kirill Miazine <k...@krot.org>