Am 19.10.22 um 22:58 schrieb Martin Neitzel via mailop:
My private Mailserver never ran into problems delivering to
@t-online.de recipents.  And there's no impressum for it -- not
even a matching web server.

Then I supppose you're using IP space tagged with your name, which
trumps the imprint requirement, and you do send emails to t-online.de
addresses at least once in a while? I obviously don't do the later
that often, and t-online.de seemingly has a timer per entry ... Last
use > threshold => no entry.

Still, I *am* a certainly worried by this kind of business practice,
exercising dominant market force unto everybody (commercial or not),
and making life difficult in particular for non-commercial end users
running their own mail server.  I am not so much worried about
T-Online in particular but the emerging consolidation to just a
few giant players in the market (incumbents, GMAIL, O365, ...).

Thank you.

So, what about running your own, private mail server?

The German "Telekommunikationsgesetz" ("TKG") is the relevant law
here just for *commercial* telco/network providers, i.e. it
applies Hetzner and T-Online, but not really the Hetzner user.

The TKG does *not* apply to email providers as per ECJ. And IP is
obviously flowing well between Hetzner's and DTAG's ASNs ...

Assuming that tosa@ reacts in a better way to the original poster
than the referenced standard information sheet, the issue might be
resolved the easy way.

In the case of "554 IP=168.119.159.241 - A problem occurred. …",
there's no identificability provided, hence it's no wonder tosa@rx
turned the request down. As I said before, would I stumble upon that
IP in an errorlog, I'd dig, host, wget and then simply do an iptables
-I INPUT -s 168.119.159.241 -j DROP. Maybe even -I FORWARD at the
border routers.

As for ...

I am afraid that, with this viewpoint by the BNetzA, their alleged aim

        "Wahrung der gleichberechtigten und diskriminierungsfreien
        Behandlung des Datenverkehrs bei der Bereitstellung von
        Internetzugangsdiensten und damit verbundener Rechte der
        Endnutzer zu schaffen"

        (briefly, "protect the discriminatory-free traffic for the
        access of end-users to services")

is a lost cause.

... I'm actually with BNetzA: SMTP is *not* an Internet access service,
and the *data transfer* to mx*.t-online.de itself is *not* harmed.
The connection is dropped after connect, not at the *data transfer*
level but at the *mail service*, i. e. application, level.

No ISP must prefer Google's port-443-traffic over mine. Or deliver
packets to speedtest.net faster than to nat.agency. That's what net
neutrality is about: Layer 1-3.

Regards,
-kai