Moin,

am 19.10.22 um 22:42 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer via mailop:
A given mailhost (ran privately for smaller entities) can't send
messages to T-Online anymore.

  554 IP=168.119.159.241 - A problem occurred. …

The sending IP belongs to a rented host (rented from a major German
hoster). The answer he (the owner of that host) got was about like this:

[...]

I just tested and can confirm the same issue. My server is also hosted @Hetzner.
The 554 occurs while connecting, so they really reject only based on the
IP/range, which is indeed quite brutal.

sorry, I'm late to the party and didn't reach the end of the thread yet.

I run two mailservers within the Hetzner network and none is currently being
blocked according to opening a simple SMTP session.
So I don't think it's as simple as a network block.

It's not, it's worse: reject, unless whitelisted (with major players
pre-whitelisted, as none of the big international players would care to
register with t-online.de).

I remember that someone from T-Online announced a policy earlier that they are checking
if the corresponding connecting hostname domain has a webpage with an imprint or anything
which would identify it as "somewhat legit". I don't remember where I heard
about that but I don't think I'm dreaming.

You're quite awake: https://postmaster.t-online.de/index.en.html#t4.1 (strip
the .en for the page in German). But this requirement is there for, AFAIK, at
least a decade.