Hi,

Am 19.10.22 um 14:28 schrieb Bernardo Reino via mailop:
On 2022-10-19 13:33, Heiko Schlittermann via mailop wrote:
Hello,

I'm not sure how to complain and where. But I hope that here we can
start a discussion again. I'm quite upset.

Is this the new world?

A given mailhost (ran privately for smaller entities) can't send
messages to T-Online anymore.

  554 IP=168.119.159.241 - A problem occurred. …

The sending IP belongs to a rented host (rented from a major German
hoster). The answer he (the owner of that host) got was about like this:

[...]

I just tested and can confirm the same issue. My server is also hosted @Hetzner. The 554 occurs while connecting, so they really reject only based on the IP/range, which is indeed quite brutal.

Hopefully this is just a misconfiguration (or a badly interpreted/implemented policy).

sorry, I'm late to the party and didn't reach the end of the thread yet.

I run two mailservers within the Hetzner network and none is currently being blocked according to opening a simple SMTP session.
So I don't think it's as simple as a network block.

I remember that someone from T-Online announced a policy earlier that they are checking if the corresponding connecting hostname domain has a webpage with an imprint or anything which would identify it as "somewhat legit". I don't remember where I heard about that but I don't think I'm dreaming.

If such a policy makes sense or not is a different story though.

Wolfgang