On Wed, 30 Aug 2023, Ángel via mailop wrote:

On 2023-08-24 at 14:29 -0400, postfix--- via mailop wrote:
(...)
Needless to say:  I will avoid restaurants using OpenTable, whether
while visiting destinations or at home.  If they cannot choose a
service provider that is respectful of my choices, they do not
deserve my business.

Great opportunity lost here to add a tip in the bill, then subtracting
in an itemized way a fee for the text message on roaming, for every
reminder email and for suggesting you're so dumb to need an email
telling you you're seated at the restaurant (maybe that reflects the
average IQ of their patrons?)

Not sure they would take action on clearly viewing the monetary results
of their "awesome system", but it would certainly be a bill that would
do rounds on the internet for years.

I haven't experienced OpenTable but if it allows
that sort of response when tipping, then I am impressed.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk