It appears that � ngel via mailop <mai...@16bits.net> said:
>On 2023-08-24 at 14:29 -0400, postfix--- via mailop wrote:
>> (...)
>> Needless to say:  I will avoid restaurants using OpenTable, whether
>> while visiting destinations or at home.  If they cannot choose a
>> service provider that is respectful of my choices, they do not
>> deserve my business.
>
>Great opportunity lost here to add a tip in the bill, then subtracting
>in an itemized way a fee for the text message on roaming, for every
>reminder email and for suggesting you're so dumb to need an email
>telling you you're seated at the restaurant (maybe that reflects the
>average IQ of their patrons?)

It is really poor form to penalize the waiters who depend on tips for
the perceived sins of the restauarant's owner. If you dislike their
spam, tell the manager why you won't be back, don't pick on the
waiter.

I've used Opentable a lot, they have a unique address so I know when
the mail is from them, and I don't recall having much trouble getting
overenthusiastic restaurants to shut up.

R's,
John