On 2024-07-15, Jeff Pang via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> When I deploy a new mailserver, I consider postfix, exim and qmail.
>  From practical experience, what are the advantages, disadvantages, and
> adaptation scenarios of postfix, exim, and qmail?

I run exim on my servers and postfix on my laptops. I find exim fairly
easy to configure, and you can do a lot of stuff (for example: I have
fairly fancy customized greylisting; I run two backup servers using
the same config file with conditions on the presence of a flag file; I
have several domain-specific deliverability criteria; I run mailing
lists; and so on).
I'm sure it can all be done with postfix too, but I have too much
investment in exim to think about it :) The exim mailing list also
generally provides fast and useful help in the (very rare) instances
when the documentation isn't enough.