> I found an article on the internet that says standard recordable
> disks can be
> used, but there is a process that must be followed.... and the
> question I have
> is...

It was for the earlier Phillips (and clones) recorders - you had to put in a
consumer audio CDR, let it read the info from that (until it's then "ready
to record") then pull out the tray (there should be a little tab under the
tray to let you do it) and pop in any old CDR and push the tray back in.

If it doesn't work, then you've got a later one that doesn't work like that.
I don't know if there are any other techniques for doing this sort of stuff
:)

Simon