> I can't help but ask why you felt the need to record audio CDs if you're
> already into MD as your being part of this list suggests?

I was kind of wondering that too - I don't know what MD and CDR prices are
like there, but in the UK with Hi-Space MDs at between 1 pound and 1.50,
it's virtually no saving in recording them onto CDR (assuming that you're
using good CDRs that'll work in virtually all players)

In fact, I worked out the other day that storing MP3s on MD was a cost
saving over storing on HD.

6 gig HD = 80 UKP (quick search, that was the cheapest 6 gig)
74 minutes of MP3'd audio, at decent compression =

74mins x 60secs x 20 kbytes/sec (ie. 160kbit/sec) = 88.8Mb of space.

6000mb/88.8mb = 67.57 MD's worth on a HD.

Cost of storage of 74 mins on HD : 1.18 UKP
Cost of storage of 74 mins on MD : 1.10 UKP
(there was a place selling Hi-Space, no voucher scheme for 1.10 ea)

Plus of course there's no hassle with transferring to silly devices like the
Rio - just grab a couple of MDs and go :)

Simon