Hello All,

Thank's Gaz and Tony for your responces. A bit to keep in mind, but I
think it's wouldn't be insurrance fraud. Not if I didn't own the unit
anymore. Besides for the amount I'm paying I could have bought a new
unit!

Tell me, which units give you a true reading of the volume (that is in
dB), it's quite important to me...

>Hmm, sounds to me like a laser-diode that starting to faint. How much did you
>use your 701? Several hours a day?
Yeah, I use it about three hours during the day (at college, so shock
protection get's used a lot) and about four hours a night. So yeah a
lot.

Gees, actually, say I use 7*6 = 42 hours a week, having it for thiry
weeks... 1260 hours so far. Hmm... I would have though it should do
more then that.

>As for the advise on a new unit? I'd stick to Sharp for the portable. Sony makes
>good stuff, but I broke every Walkman I bought from them (low medium and
>high-end) and wasn't very pleased with their portable CD-Player. I had good
>experience with a Panasonic Walkman. And I love my 702.
I also know a couple of people who have Sony MD's and I have to say
(and it's personnel choice) that I prefer the Sharp.

>I'd say go for the 722 or another equivalent unit.
Yeah I was thinking of that one, or fora bit extra money one of the
8xx series (can't remember the number ;).

>Ralph -> Somebody has to defend Sharp against all the Phonys....
>Nope, it wasn't me, but I was among the pioneers of '->'.
Hmm, well it's caught onto me... ;) We have to be greatful to Sony for
one thing, inventing the damned technology! ;)

Hehe, thank you all for your quick and enlightning responces ;)

Peter -> Hmm, -> To hell with it all, off to work on a web page ;)
--
"It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes on match to burn a
thousand trees!" -- A Thousand Trees, Stereophonics.

IRC? Find Me On DALnet #VisualBasic, #ircbar, #3cr, #B5+Trek,
#startrek, #lineone, #star_, #starrpg as Doc_Z.
/server irc.dal.net 7000