Good Morning,

>Read about your predicament and can understand your feelings.... If you wanna
>get the MZR 50 from Sony, I think there is a set in Singapore going for
>S$500.(If it is still available.)(approximately US$290)(exclusive of shipping
>charges.) I am using a Sony MZR30 and the play time duration is quite good)
>not to mention that i am a music freak who's on my headphones for at least 3-4
>hours a day. And the MZR30 functions well, even after 2 years. The MDR50 is
>thinner than the MZR30 the length is that of a normal walkman.
Which of these have a true dB reading on the volume display?

>>> Sony makes
>>> good stuff, but I broke every Walkman I bought from them (low medium and
>>> high-end) and wasn't very pleased with their portable CD-Player. I had good
>>
>>> experience with a Panasonic Walkman. And I love my 702.
>>
>>Same here, I've had a couple of Sony walkmen an knackered them all within
>>10-15 months. I've had a Sharp Stereo for over 3 years now :P Also, I have a
>>blue 701 and its taken quite a kicking, being dropped on the floor, concrete,
>>
>>and from the top of a 4 1/2 foot computer desk! :P
>>
>>Ash -> someone else getting into this ' -> ' lark, and backing up Sharp at
>>the same time :)
>Sorry if I'm gonna steamroll over peoples' toes, but I just had to say this,
>Sony make products for use, not abuse, and besides, for durability
>( not endurance against abuse) i had used my MZR30 for 2 years without any
>complains. I would like to add that i have a sony discman for 5 years that
>still operates very well. I can't say much for Walkman cos' my walkman was an
>Aiwa one that had since failed to operate(it's 9 years old)
>For those that decry Sony, as far as I am concern, there is no basis for your
>statements.
Yeah, I've never had any problems with the disc man either. I can
understand that Sony make it for durability not endurance. Well I'm
afraid that decides it for me. A track record (from what I'm seen,
heard from r/l friends, and played with) Sharp seem to be the most
reliable for taking a beating.

How much to Sony charge for taking it back and repairing it from
"accidental damage"?

Let me know,

Peter -> Posting your message in md-l as well....
--
"It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes on match to burn a
thousand trees!" -- A Thousand Trees, Stereophonics.

IRC? Find Me On DALnet #VisualBasic, #ircbar, #3cr, #B5+Trek,
#startrek, #lineone, #star_, #starrpg as Doc_Z.
/server irc.dal.net 7000