Simon Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I've actually found a 6500R for 439.000 ITL, which is around $220.
> >Do you think it's a good price?
> Sounds pretty good - in the UK they sell for about 150ukp (~460,000ITL).

Well, actually the street price of the unit here in Italy is 639,000 ITL
(around 210ukp).
But I have a 200,000ITL discount bonus at the first italian online mall,so I
could buy it for 439.000ITL

> >I really don't know what to do.. I'd love the JVC KD-MX3000R, with its
CD/MD
> >slot in the same unit... but I've only found it on a german site for
750DM
> >(around 380$).
> They're very nice units, but I'd find it hard to justify all that cash on
> single headunit - especially when it's nearly double the price of a
> standard MD one.

That's true. The only pro's I can think of for a unit like those is that you
don't have to spend money on installing a CD-changer, and that they won't
use too much room in the trunk.  >:-)

> >Maybe I could buy the Sony one, and add a CD changer later?
> >What do you think?
> Good plan - afaik all of the current Sony changers will hook up with
> the 6500R. If you've got the money available now, you can get the
> DJ-M6500R bundle - the MDX-6500R headunit with the CDX-601
> changer - and save a bit of cash. UK price is 260ukp (~800,000ITL).

Unfortunately I don't think this bundle is available in Italy. :-(
Italy is still a new market for minidisc... Minidiscs in Italy really
struggle to become popular, so there are not so many units on the market.
:-(
I always try to convince other people about the advantages of the MD, and
people always reply "yes, it's cool, but it costs too much... I'll still go
with the cassettes".... :-(((

Luca
Milano, Italy