I know I started this part of the "Anyone know Japanese?" thread so I cannot say too
much about its
continuation. This is likely my last posting on the issue. My comment was directed at
Ryan simply because he
made the initial posting. The point, however is less about Ryan and more about how we
(all of us) deal with
community. Ryan has already made what I consider a very mature and sincere statement
regarding his posting. Such
a comment would not likely come from an ignorant person. Rather it has come from
someone who seems willing to
acknowledge a mistake and move on. Maybe it is time for all of us to move on. Thanks
to all who have responded.

Now about that AudioTechnica 825 stereo mic question I asked some time ago. Here is
the question:

I am using a borrowed AT 825 stereo mic. The owner has adapted the pin
XLRF plug to a three wire 1/8" stereo plug so that it will feed portable
DAT or MD. The system works fine with my Sharp 722 except that it seems
a bit noisier than I expected. Fresh batteries made a slight difference
but there is still this hiss. My old Radio Shack Optimums unidirectional
(pin, battery powered) is much quieter. Could the adaptation be
problematic? Anybody else had noise problems with this mic?

Jim Lee

las wrote:

> I think that the problem is that we are just dealing with someone who is immature
>and or ignorant.  I'm glad
> that you pointed out to him though.  I hope that he learns and grows.
>
> Regards,
> larry

James S. Lee    | Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication Studies, CB# 6235 | Phn: 919-962-4963
University of North Carolina - CH | Fax: 919-962-3305
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6235  | Web: www.unc.edu/~jimlee/