Ok, I know this list is about MD related stuff and not necessarily about world
citizenship.
Nevertheless, it is an international list and we are all therefore a part of that
world community. I
would have probably ignored Ryan's use of the word "gibberish" had it been the only
offensive part of
his posting. I do recognize that some pages do present "gibberish" characters in place
of the
uninstalled fonts. My attention was actually drawn to the first sentence as an
extension of the subject
line. Ryan apparently knows that the Dynamic Store has a ".jp" inclusion in the URL.
To add Korean,
Chinese, or "whatever the heck." is a very dismissive approach to the distinctive
character of each of
those cultures. I will not go into all the implications of such lumping of Asian
cultures into some kind
of "whatever the heck."

Perhaps all of this is just a result of some youthful insensitivity. I don't know.
Still, I think we
don't have to read very much world news to understand the importance of building
respectful communities
wherever we go (online or in person).

My apologies to all those who might lose patience with this somewhat off subject
posting.

Back to MD issues?

Jim Lee

Ryan Hutson wrote:

> Or Korean? Or Chinese? Or whatever the heck the Dyanmic Store is fluent in?? Because
>their prices on
> <<<snip>>>

James S. Lee    | Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication Studies, CB# 6235 | Phn: 919-962-4963
University of North Carolina - CH | Fax: 919-962-3305
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6235  | Web: www.unc.edu/~jimlee/