[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [Background: I have an MZ-R50 and a Sharp 722. My
> girlfriend has a 702, and I have good friends with the
> the MZ-R50 and the 702. In two years, none of us has
> had a single problem with any of them. The Sony has a
> well-deserved reputation for being a tank, and the
> Sharp units have, IMHO, an undeserved reputation for
> being unreliable -- the early 702's were junk, but the
> 702-MK fixed that.]

Hmm,

to my knowledge, the early 702's and the later 702-MK are very reliable
units. Those made just before the 702-MK's where 'junk'.

Anyway, people always complain when something doesn't work. I don't see
a lot of people writing to this list 'Hey, MD-L, my portable MD unit works!
What should I do?'

Cheers,
Ralph -> Who sugest to enjoy your unit as long as it works!

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE