Amen!
thank you (and the list) for another R50 advocate.
I do not discount the R9x for some of it's features, but
the one that hits closest to home for me, is the interface.
using menus to get to functions that were once (and in my opinion)
should be directly accessable is a step backwards.  In the computer
industry millions of dollars are spent to develop a good and comfortable
user interface (eg: MacOS), but here, Sony makes some selections harder
to get at and we have to put up with it.

ObSideNote: I'm waiting to see what happens from the petition to
get rid of end-search on the Sony portables, but if it works,
maybe this could be a good way to get our collective voices heard
and recognized.

slightly OT, but for the record I haven't had a problem with
end search as some people have, but I also read the manual that
came with my MD player :)

-Jeffrey