* Shawn Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 13 Jun 2001
| I disagree.  Inside my Aiwa XR-H66MD is definitely different than most
| Sony equipment that I've seen.  Aiwa uses Sony parts, and that's as far
| as the similarities go as far as I can tell.  However, just about all my
| audio equipment from other manufacturers uses Sony parts too (as well as
| Motorola, TI, Matsushita, Siemens, Burr-Brown, etc.).

And this just confirms my original point about Sony's "competition".

| My XR-H66MD doesn't operate like any of my Sony MD recorders either, and
| its Service Mode is VERY different than Sony's.  I think many Aiwa models
| don't share the same PCB's with any Sony-branded unit.

Maybe not, but look at what is soldered to those PCBs, and you'll find a
lot of Sony hardware, either branded that way or licensed.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core,
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ which, if exposed due to rupture, should